“Calling all AAPI members, all doctors of Indian origin, all South Asians to rally and support an amazing opportunity of the 10-city musical tour to promote awareness and raise funds for supporting essential programs to address the rapidly growing problem of cardiovascular diseases in South Asians and minorities living in the United States and Lymphoma & Leukemia in India.”
-Naresh Parikh, President AAPI
Together we have demonstrated what a power house a united and focused AAPI could be! This is one of the landmark years where we have set aside our differences and targeted our resources, energy and expertise to contribute, be a team player. Are we there yet? We have a long way to go, the path we have taken is a great beginning for all doctors of Indian origin living, shaping the future of healthcare in America while cherishing our heritage and proud culture.
We are now poised to take our commitment to newer heights, the 10 City Musical Tour by world renowned Bollywood artist Sukwinder accompanied by an icon of women leadership, the first lady of Maharashtra, Ms. Amruta Fadnavis, a very well know personality, a great singer and amazing community leader that continues to pursue her career with her spouse being in the most powerful office in Maharashtra, a true demonstration of great leadership.
We are requesting all AAPI members, all doctors of Indian origin, all south Asians to rally and support this amazing opportunity of the 10-city musical tour to promote awareness and raise funds for supporting programs to address the rapidly growing problem of cardiovascular diseases in south Asians and minorities living in the United States and Lymphoma & Leukemia in India
AAPI has a strong record and are very proud to support various programs and challenges faced by the population in India and I am honored to recognize the following programs that continue to make a significant difference in improving healthcare delivery and accessibility to healthcare. AAPI is one of the most revered and sought after reliable partner with the government of India and several international agencies such as USAID, WHO and others. Here is a list of some of the programs led and supported by AAPI:
1. Sevak Project, Health care screening and preventive care: Thakor Patel, MD
2. Adopt A Village – broad approach to address overall health and wellness. Jagan Alinani, MD
3. Kerala Ambulance Services – supporting EMT services. Narendra Kumar. MD
4. Traumatic Brain Injury. Establishing standards of care for dealing with head injury and trauma.
Ravi Jahagirdar, MD, Anwar Feroz, Raj Narayan, MD
5. TB Free India. Eliminating TB from India. Manoj Jain, MD. Naresh Parikh, MD . Anwar Feroz
6. Allergy and Immunology. Skills development and advanced training. Jayesh Kanuga, MD
7. CPR / ER. Lokesh Edara, MD., Vemuri Murthy, MD
8. World Eye Foundation- prevention of blindness. V.K.Raju, MD
9. Kiran and Pallavi Foundation – several major health and wellness initiatives
10. Ila and Vinod Shah. Eye Camp with Rotary
11. Project ECHO – Outreach and utilizing technology to enhance accessibility and outcomes.